7.24.2016

The Farmer's Wife 1930's Quilt Along - Prudence





Hi and welcome to my stop on the Farmer's Wife 1930's Quilt Along hosted by Kerry of Very Kerry Berry.  
The block I made is called Prudence, and I can't help but think of the Beatles' song : )

Prudence if a complicated block with lots of Y-seams.  
I decided to change the way it is sewn
 to eliminate some of those difficult to sew seams.
I disected the H2, I2, J2 and K2 triangles and put the block together a bit differently from the
directions.
It made it much easier to sew by machine.


My quilt is coming together nicely, and I will have enough blocks for a quilt very soon!

See the pics below for a visual reference on how I put the block together.

Happy Sewing
xo
Charise





7 comments:

  1. Love the way the colors come together in your blocks...makes me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried this one block five times and gave up and did a different block for my quilt. wish I had waited to try your way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely understand. It is such a pretty block but so difficult.
      Maybe you can come back to it later : )

      Delete
  3. I think this was maybe the hardest block in the whole quilt- I jumped into it knowing there were Y seams but I still felt caught out, it definitely needed a redesign!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much Charise! Prudence had been laying in a crumpled heap for days. Your tips (and spray starch) put her together. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, wish I had seen this post BEFORE starting my block! I struggled with it all day and it still isn't right. My kids learned lots of profanity...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!
I love to read your comments - they make my day!!