3.06.2016

The Splendid Sampler ~ Snug as a Bug


I am back again to share the latest block in  The Splendid Sampler Sew Along.
"Snug as a Bug" by Amy Sinabaldi.


This was such a fun block to make.  Since I am one of the designers, I have access to the blocks before they are released.  I have been making the hand sewn blocks, so I have a fun project to stitch in the evening.  It is my favorite thing to do while winding down at the end of the day.

The original design is completely embroidered, but one of the Splendid designers, Katja Marek, made the little quilt out of fabric.  I was completely inspired by her fabulous block and did the same!


The block is tiny, 6", and the individual quilt squares are about 3/4"!   It was well worth it.

I have really been enjoying this sew along.  
I find that I am trying new techniques, like appliqué, and loving it!

Be sure to head over to the Splendid Sampler website for a copy of the pattern.

Happy Sewing!
xo
Charise

7 comments:

  1. I love your color choices/fabrics in your blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE your block! Did you hand piece the little quilt and then applique it onto the background?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kim - I did. I cut the pattern apart on the lines, added 1/4' seam allowance and then pieced it together.
      The mini quilt was then appliquéd to the base fabric. : )

      Delete
  3. What type of fabric did you use for the white. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi - I used a solid quilting or mid weight
      cotton. Kona has nice ones and RJR Supreme Solids are lovely too!

      Delete
  4. What type of fabric did you use for the white. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!
I love to read your comments - they make my day!!