7.09.2013

The Super Online Sewing Match


 
 
Have you seen the Great British Sewing Bee?  If you haven't -I suggest you do!  It is wonderful!!!  You can find it on YouTube.
Much in BBC style, it is very educational with sewing tutorials and sewing history in each episode. 
I heart British television!!!
 The contestants are from all walks of life and bring different experiences to the show.

So, in case you haven't heard, Sew Mama Sew is hosting their own online version - The Super Online Sewing Match.  I read about it and thought that would be fun - lots of work - but lots of fun.  After deliberating for a few days I decided to enter.  And guess what -  I'M IN!!!!! 
I'm super excited and to be honest, a bit nervous. 
I love sewing clothes so this will be a fun challenge.


The first challenge is designing and sewing an A-Line skirt.  The instructions are via a Craftsy class that teaches you how to draft your own skirt based on your measurements.  I have my skirt sloper (basic skirt pattern) from design school in 1990 - but doubt it fits any more : )  Boy, I wish it did!    Yesterday I spent most of the day adjusting to the idea of being a contestant, and pinching myself : ) 
I also did some sketching, gleaned some inspiration from fashion magazines and pulled some fabrics. 
Today I drafted my sloper or basic skirt pattern and start on the design.
I hope you will follow along and keep your fingers crossed I make it beyond Round 1!!!

xo
Charise
 

9 comments:

  1. How cool is that!? Well done so far and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! I am sure you will do very well. Can't wait to see what you create!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! Glad to have found your blog through the contest.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fingers crossed! You will be great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, fun! You'll totally rock it! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw yesterday that you had made it, I'm so excited. I feel like someone I know is in it...and I really don't know you except here. Congrats Congrats can't wait to see what you create!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WoW! I'm so excited for you! I saw her post about this contest and decided to watch the Great British Sewing Bee. It was so fun to watch and I loved how they were so kind to each other. I hope you do well!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!
I love to read your comments - they make my day!!