6.13.2012

Work(s) in Progress Wednesday

Right now I have five boys at my house ages 2-8!!!!  They are actually playing quite well together!
So I'm taking a few minutes to share what I was working on before they got here : )


I finished the top for my pillow in the Pillow Talk Swap.  Hoping my partner likes it.  She wanted a shape that wasn't a square and likes linen as a background.  She gave me lots of colour choices but I went with my favorite - aqua and red.
I thought my Starburst Spools Block would be the perfect design for this project!

I've also been working on a project for the next issue of Fat Quarterly.

A little Liberty of London and 3 Sister's Etchings.....

xo
Charise

 

7 comments:

  1. ooh...i can't wait to see your project for the next FQ! your fabrics have definitely intrigued me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! How could your partner be anything but honored? Gorgeous pillow! And the FQ project is intriguing...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love this. I would say you have outdone yourself but that wouldn't be true. I bet your partner will be so in love with this that she will redecorate her room just to match it, because I sure would.
    love
    Patti xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! I love Rosie the Riviter peeking out! ;p It will make a BEAUTIFUL pillow for someone. ;p

    ReplyDelete
  5. Charise! Your partner is crazy lucky. Like lottery winning lucky. I would just die if something so incredible came to me. What a stunning block design. It looks amazing in the red/aqua. I am trying to figure out if I have the patience to make it...me and foundation piecing, well let's just say I am not that detail-oriented. I do love it, though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this take on your starburst spools block, Charise! I have my sections almost completed, maybe I can finish it today! I love that pattern so much and can't wait to see your project for the fat quarterly!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that the ring of red spools makes it look like a life saver, because really, sewing is a life saver!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!
I love to read your comments - they make my day!!